Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crawling....and a fight?!?

First, the good news! Last Friday, Paige started crawling! She will take a "step" or two up on her knees, but she is really prefers to army crawl with her belly on the ground. This milestone happened a little faster than I was expecting and was not quite prepared to baby proof the house...Paige already is an expert in finding any cord within 10 feet.

Now, the sad story... Paige was enjoying a light workout at the gym yesterday when she was attacked by an 18 month old. According to witnesses (who were supposedly close by), the two little girls were playing on the floor with some toys and suddenly the 18 month old lunged at Paige, grabbing her face. The little bully was even kicked out of the gym! Well, actually her mom was called to come in and get her. As you can see, Paige has some major scratches to show from the incident. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional, but I wasn't too happy and both the daycare staff and the mom were very apologetic. Teaching Paige to defend herself would typically be her dad's job, but I guess I'm going to have to step up with that too. Any ideas would be appreciated...

Recovering at home after the fight


Showing Mom how I can crawl

1 comment:

Mike & Noelle Shelton said...

let's enroll them in infant karate!!! we had fun at the park today. thanks for making the delicious sandwiches. see you on sunday!!